Viridis Africa – bringing together the clean tech community to leverage knowledge and expertise from leading start-ups, universities, research labs, government agencies, utilities, corporations and clean tech investment funds.
On the 16th & 17th October 2012 the second Clean Technology business and investment matchmaking conference for the African continent is to be held at the Killarney Country Club, Lower Houghton South Africa.
Principals who would present their business opportunities at this event would have the audience of numerous local and foreign investors, stratified according to their interest and investment criteria.
Investors would include venture capital, private equity, project and corporate finance outfits and others dedicated to the clean tech sector. They would also include North American, European funding agencies, major Asian industrial conglomerates, technology specific investment funds and major companies who seek strategic alliance and acquisitions.
Viridis Africa presents an ideal opportunity to meet up with prospective business contacts to identify new investors, partners, business opportunities and deals in the fields of clean tech, renewables and sustainability.
Entrepreneurs and corporates are invited to present a business case for investment in the field of
- energy generation, including wind, solar, hydro, biofuels, geothermal, clean coal technologies, coal bed methane, etc.
- energy storage, presenters are invited to showcase the latest technology in fuel cells, advanced batteries and hybrid systems.
- infrastructure management and transmission technologies
- energy efficiencies, including building efficiency, smart grids and waste heat recovery.
Water & waste water
Projects seeking funding for the following are also invited:
- water treatment infrastructure,
- water conservation,
- waste water treatment, and
Waste recycling and management, waste treatment (organic matter and placstics).
Who should attend
- Entrepreneurs looking for funding to grow their business
- Corporates looking for new emerging technologies
- Institutional investors looking for long term assets
- Venture capitalists and private equity investors looking for clean tech investment opportunities
- Renewable energy consultants
- Cogeneration project managers
- Professional service providers
- Project developers seeking new initiatives
- Innovators with new technologies